Monday, November 22, 2010

WIP Milestones

Sick as a dog for the past few days but trying to concentrate on the positive: my work in progress hit some major milestones over the past week.  First, I flipped the 200-page mark.  Which, of course, is totally arbitrary, but just felt like progress.  Then, shortly thereafter, I flipped the 60,000-word mark.  That one felt even bigger, because I'm in full-out novel territory now!  I'm shooting for 80,000 minimum, and 20,000 thousand seems like something I could whip out in a long, quiet weekend.  That is, if I didn't feel like my friend up there and, you know, didn't have kids that wanted to eat, and stuff.  Add to these tangibles of progress the fact that I finally submitted my first erotic romance story, and these are some good things to concentrate on while I try to find my way back to feeling like a human being.

Happy Thanksgiving week, all. And thanks for reading,
Laura

7 comments:

LTM said...

ooo, feel better soon! And all the best w/WIP! Happy Thanksgiving~

Shannon Whitney Messenger said...

First--New Follower! *waves* Not sure why I haven't found you before, but I'm glad I found you now. I love connecting with other writers.

And sorry to hear you've been sick. Hope you're feeling better soon.

But huge congratulations on the WIP progress. The 60,000 word mark is huge. The rest goes really quick (it does for me at least). And...then you get to enter revision, which is...fun. Good luck with that!

Laura Kaye said...

Hi Shannon--welcome aboard! I'm always glad to meet up with other writers too! And thanks, everyone, for the well wishes!

naelany said...

*hugs* hope you feel better soon. Little worse than being sick through the holidays.

And yay for pretty much being done with your Nano goal?

Taryn Kincaid said...

Get well soon! Yep, the leap into erotic romance can be startling. But also...not as hard (oops, wrong word), er, difficult as you might think!

Best wishes with it!

Shellie said...

Sorry you're not feeling well, but great progress on your writing. Feel better, Laura.

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks everybody!