Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Review of Sherrilyn Kenyon, Upon the Midnight Clear

Upon The Midnight Clear (Dark-Hunter, #12) (Dream-Hunter, #2)Upon The Midnight Clear (Dark-Hunter, #12) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Like my reaction to the preceding book in this Kenyon series, Devil May Cry, I liked the romantic lead characters, but didn't like the extent to which the book seemed to stray so far from the original Dark Hunter characters and plot.  Aidan was sympathetic and likable, and Leta was a strong and interesting heroine (if introduced completely out of the blue).  Given how short the book was and how large the type-face was (think of the large-print type your grandma might read and you've got it about right), I think this was a novella that came to Kenyon's mind, she whipped it off, and the publisher saw the possibly of counting it as another book in the Dark Hunter series.  But it had absolutely nothing to do with anything that came before other than the heroine was the unknown-to-readers sister of M'Adoc.  I'm still waiting for the return of the Dark Hunters.

View all my reviews

No comments: