Sunday, November 28, 2010

Review of Jez Morrow, Sovereign's Gladiator

Sovereign's GladiatorSovereign's Gladiator by Jez Morrow

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I loved this book on a lot of levels.  The two main characters were molten hot, the illicit sexual tension between them was crazy delicious, and the unexpected idea of having the sovereign as the submissive was tantalizing.  But as much as I, ahem, enjoyed the sex scenes, I also thought the world building was hugely effective.  The descriptions were vivid and evocative.  In 120 pages, the author puts you in a detailed world that her words make you see, hear, and smell.  Sovereign's Gladiator had suspense and intrigue, double crossing and intense fight scenes.  Devon was strong and commanding when it made sense for him to be, and submissive when he needed to be.  I really enjoyed and would definitely read more from this author.  Recommend!


View all my reviews
Thanks for reading,
Laura

No comments: