Monday, November 15, 2010

Meet an Author Monday! And Slow Goes the NaNo...

Well, g'morning!  So, it's Monday, and that means I'm hopping.  Drop in to some new-to-you authors and read about all their great goings-on.

Despite a stellar start to NaNoWriMo (9,564 words in the first 6 days), I'm now entering what looks to be my third year of NaNo fail.  I wrote another 1,300 words last night, but of course November is otherwise kicking my bum and preventing me from getting much writing done.  I should be at 25,005, so you see how 10,864 is not quite there.  If I have any hopes of recovering, I have to do SuperCrazyNeverSleepNaNo, where I write 40,000 words in 15 days.  Ugh, why did I write that down??? LOL

So, to all you NaNoers out there who have a chance in hell of finishing:  Keep at it.  Push on!  WRITE ON!

NaNo love to all!

Thanks for reading,
Laura


6 comments:

Jennifer Lane said...

Hi Laura, as someone who's never tried NaNoWriMo, I think it's awesome you're giving it a go! Not a failure at all. Keep trucking, Jen

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks Jen! Positive thinking!

Laura Kaye said...

Hmm...NaNo says I need 2600 words a day to finish on time. That doesn't sound SO bad broken down like that...

KarenG said...

Way to go with NaNo! I'm sure you will make it even if it takes a few all-nighters. Good luck!

Laura said...

I am now officially estalking you! It's fantastical. :D

Laura Kaye said...

Yay, stalk away!! Thanks for the encouragement everybody! :)