Monday, November 22, 2010

Meet an Author Monday, and Giving Thanks


It's Monday, so that means there's hopping to be done. Visit some new-to-you authors, say hello, and have some fun!

In the spirit of Thanksgiving (and knowing I likely won't find much time to be online on Thursday), I thought I'd share some things for which I'm thankful:

1) I'm thankful for my best friend, Lea Nolan. For reasons I can't really explain, I've always seemed to have an easier time making friends with older women or with guys, meaning I've gone years at a time between having a good girl friend my age, going through roughly the same stuff as me. Lea and I were acquaintances through my husband for a long time, but finally bonded over Twilight and writing.

2) Writing. It's hard to imagine fiction writing wasn't always a part of my life, given how important it's become to me now. Getting published is great, of course, but it's writing that I get the true day-to-day joy from. I can't imagine ever letting it go.

3) Apple pie. Seriously. You get apples and caramel and pastry crust and, if you're really lucky, vanilla ice cream too.

4) My family. A husband who helps out with the kids so I can write and who works very hard to provide us with everything we could need. Two beautiful girls who are sweet and fun and smart and becoming their own little people, and who are both now big fans of vampires because they know Mommy likes them!

So, this Thanksgiving, I'm reminding myself to give thanks. What are you most thankful for?

Thanks for reading,
Laura

2 comments:

Jennifer Lane said...

Hi Laura! Great list of what you're thankful for. I'm grateful for:
1. All the cool people I've met because of writing, including authors and book bloggers and readers
2. Less pain in my back after a medical procedure
3. The opportunity to get to do a job I love (therapy)

Happy Thanksgiving! Jen xx

Sharon Buchbinder said...

Laura--

You took the words out of my mouth!

1-My health--it's been a scary year and all is well.
2-My husband who supported me in quitting the day job--and still supports me in the decision!
3-My son & great daughter in law
4-Friends who are not fair weather friends, but who stick by you even when you are in the crapper.
5-Writing! RWA, MRW, MRW Critters!

Happy T-Day to all!

Sharon