Monday, October 25, 2010

Meet an Author Monday! And, On The Ups and Downs

Hi All--blog hop = Monday.  You know the drill by now! ;)

So, whereas a week or two ago I was in the doldrums of writing, today I'm feeling truly buoyed.  And it's so important to revel in these moments so you can remember them and weather the low points.  So, here's some things that have me feeling up, up, up!:

1) Today I finished something I've been procrastinating on for a good two months:  I worked through all the critique comments I received from two different workshops, one back in late July, one from September.  They just felt much bigger than they actually turned out to be, and, honestly, I was dragging my feet.  But, as of today, they're done!
2) Having those done makes the remaining revising work I have to do on the first half of the manuscript feel much more manageable.  So I'm feeling hopeful and rejuvenated, and It's. So. Nice.
3) I know I've shown y'all this before, but I can help but point out that my new cover for Hearts in Darkness is still bringing me all kinds of happiness:
4) We're closer than ever to a release date for Forever Freed.  I'm expecting galleys this week, so we're THIS. CLOSE.

So, just a reminder. Savor the good so you can weather the bed.  I'll remember better, next time. ;)

Thanks for reading,
Laura


2 comments:

Nicki Elson said...

Hooray that you're on a high right now! And good job working through those critiques.

Holy schmoley, is that book cover tantalizing...

Jennifer Lane said...

Congrats on getting through the comments! And for nearing your book release. :)