Monday, September 27, 2010

Meet an Author Monday and 5 Random Facts About Me!

Greetings fellow travelers:

So, it's Monday, so I'm hopping.  Please drop in on some of my friends on the blog hop, with a big shout out to California Cheer Mom who organizes us each week!  Leave a comment, say hi, follow along in the fun!

Since you dropped in to visit me, I'll share a few random facts about me, because, I just know, you're dying to get the dirt ;)!

This week's random facts theme:  my favorites!

1) Favorite Food:  how can anyone narrow this down?  I'd have to say Italian, if I was picking a kind of food.  Apple pie ala mode if I was picking a dessert.  Snickers if I was picking a candy bar.  Potato chips (Utz!) if I was picking a snack food.  McDonalds if I was picking a fast food restaurant.  See?  Who can pick???
2) Favorite Color:  this one's easy.  I've been a blue girl for as long as I can remember.  Maybe it's my eyes...
3) Favorite Foreign City:  London.  Man, I could so live there.  I envy my UK friends :)
4) Favorite Music:  also a toughy.  But Kings of Leon has spoken to my heart for the past year or so.  Also, and I realize this is schizophrenic, but Linkin Park, the Avett Brothers, Jon McLaughlin, John Mayer, and James Blunt really do it for me.  I'm gonna stop thinking about this one, though, or I'm sure to keep adding to it!
5) Favorite Job I've Ever Had:  archaeologist.  I mean, of course, that's before I embarked on this novelist adventure.  Given a chance, I've no doubt that would take the lead here.  But, in terms of jobs I've had in the past, working outside, where every day's excavations brought something new, at cool places and often with cool/quirky people.  Yeah, that was a great job to experience.

What are some of your favorites in these categories?

Thanks for reading,
Laura


5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

London is awesome! I like Linkin Park, too.

eleristone said...

All I can think about is apple pie and ice cream now. Also, jealous of the archaeology bit. (I was an anthropology major for a time in college and would have loved to have pursued that further.)

Nicki Elson said...

Hahaha, I love that you picked a favorite in each category of food. Really, that's only fair.

Okay, I do NOT consider myself a Bryan Adams fan, but he's playing in the background on YouTube, and---don't tell anyone---I'm kinda digging him. ;) Ooh, Cory Hart's on now---shhhh...

Laura Kaye said...

And, Eleri, the apple pie would be warm, of course, with lots of caramelly sauce to go with the ice cream, which would just be melting a bit, the cold creaminess mixing with the sauce...mmmmmmm :)

But, of course, Nicki, I'm a major lover of food, so picking just one is a fruitless exercise for me! Yes, we all have those kinds of favorites when it comes to music, don't we. Don't worry, I won't tell.

Thanks everybody for stopping by!

Sharon Buchbinder said...

Hi Laura--I'm working at the favorite job bit. I'm a serial monogamist when it comes to work. Many jobs have been like love affairs--wooed, pursued, glued, confused, and towards the end feeling used. Ah, l'amour, l'amour. Writing is the only job that has never treated me that way. =]