Sunday, August 29, 2010

My Brand New Nook!

I'm please to introduce you to my latest baby, Edgar Allan Poe....er, otherwise known as my nook, who regularly features funky but cool images of classic authors.  (Virginia Woolf's picture was the best so far...).  She is dressed in a stunning basil green and turquoise blue leather coat by Kate Spade.  So far I've downloaded 23 books from bn.com, mostly free titles, but also from their under $5 list.  I'm thrilled at the number of romance titles I found in their free selections and can't wait to find more!  I can just tell the nook is going to help me read outside of my go-to zone, because who can pass up a free book that sounds good, just because it's not what you usually read???  Not me.

I know a lot of people are trying to decide between different ereaders, so I'll be happy to update you on my experience with the nook as I get to learn it.  I spent a lot of time back and forth between the nook and the kindle, the only two I was really considering.  It was almost a Coke-or-Pepsi kind of decision for me (I'm Coke all the way, but you get the analogy...)--that is, it's a matter of taste.

For any of you nook owners out there, any tricks of the trade you'd care to pass on?

Thanks for reading,
Laura

3 comments:

Liz Fichera said...

Laura,

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my nook. Yes, I luv it! AND it fits inside my purse! Can't tell you how wonderful it was to have it on my last trip. I didn't have to lug my usual six books along. It took me all of about five minutes to get used to it. Now I don't think I can ever live without it!

Laura Kaye said...

I've played some with it but haven't yet sit down to read. It's so cool though! So glad to hear how much you're loving yours, Liz!

Denise said...

I'm still on the fence myself, so I look forward to your comments after the usual "honeymoon" period. However, while you're still there, glad to hear you're lovin' it! May your relationship continue to be a smooth and joyous one - hehehe. Oh, and I'm a member of the Pepsi Generation.
Denise Golinowski