Monday, May 17, 2010

Squeeeeee!

Today is the day I need to remember when the rejections come in or I don't get much work done or my WIP refuses to cooperate.  Today is one of the good days.  Today is excellent.  Here's why:
  • My editor told me she finds the premise for my contemporary "very interesting" and has the full in hand
  • I got my first choice in agent appointments for the July RWA annual meeting
  • And, I got the cover art for my very first novel and I LOVE IT!
For a writer, or at least for a newbie author (I have to start getting used to using that word!), a day like this is one in a million.  And thanks to my friends and family for sharing the high with me!

Squee!

Thanks for reading,
Laura

9 comments:

Paris said...

Congratulations, Laura! Sounds like you're off to a great start. Love your cover BTW;-)

Rebecca Zanetti said...

Wonderful Cover! Congrats!!!

Laura Kaye said...

Thank you! And thanks for stopping by!

Cecelia Dowdy said...

Wonderful cover! Congrats!

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks very much, Cecelia! It's very exciting!

Paranomal Queen said...

Congratulations. I know it must be exciting. I've enjoyed the short preview on Textnovel. Can't wait til the book is out.

Laura Kaye said...

Me neither PQ! Thanks!

Stephanie Dray said...

Congrats the cover! You must be so excited! And soon we need to bond about Italian grandmothers.

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks Stephanie! Oh, yes, let's do!!