Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Good News and a Question

There's been a lot to feel happy about in the last few days:  Mother's Day (complete with chocolate fondue at the Melting Pot.  I mean, people, a big pot of warm melty chocolate with strawberries and bananas to dip!!!  Er, sorry, got a little carried away there.  What was I talking about?  Oh, right, so:  Mother's Day, my daughter Cara's 6th birthday today, two of my students (I teach college history) sending me emails saying how much they enjoyed my class this semester.  It's been great.

And then...my editor at The Wild Rose Press requested the full manuscript of my novella, Hearts in the Dark.

I am completely in love with this little story about two people who get trapped in a pitch-black elevator.  Will their blindness be terrifying?  Or freeing?  Is personality or physical appearance more important to attraction?  Is it possible to fall for someone you've never seen?

Here's what Shakespeare thought:  Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.

What do you think? (Comment by clicking on that little (#) comments link down there...)

Thanks for reading,
Laura

1 comment:

Laura Kaye said...

Will their blindness be terrifying? Or freeing? Is personality or physical appearance more important to attraction? Is it possible to fall for someone you've never seen?

What do you think?