Saturday, May 8, 2010

Dipping my toes into the scary, scary waters of blogging

Well, hello there.  And welcome to my blog.

I've held off on starting a blog because I feared that taking the time to write one would interfere too much with book-writing time.  Still, I've taken the plunge with the hope that all writing is good writing and this writing has the great benefit of giving me the opportunity to interact with readers like you.

I'll mostly be talking about books and writing and publishing, but as a wife and mother and full-time working professional, real life will certainly make an appearance from time to time.

I started writing fiction in the summer of 2008.  In less than two years, I have written approximately 500,000 words of fiction!  The number reflects one heavily revised and soon-to-be-published paranormal romance novel (Forever Freed, publication information to be posted as soon as I have it), one contemporary novella I'm currently shopping for publication (Hearts in the Dark), the first chapters for two other paranormals (Forever Young - the sequel to FF, and The Night-Mare, which will be daarrrkkk), the first four chapters to a women's fiction/chick lit (The Fantasy Life of a Middle-Aged Wife), and two completed fan fiction novels in the Twilight fandom (a fandom that's so fortunate to have the full support of the original author for fan fiction).  I have a half dozen stories in my head all fighting for center stage.  Each of them talks to me at different times, giving me a tantalizing character arc here or solving a tricky plot point there.  So, they're all in there percolating - and I wouldn't have it any other way.

So, let the writing continue!  And let the blogging begin!  And let them eat cake!  (And please send people over here to join in the fun....)

Thanks for reading,

No comments: